Sunday, December 20, 2009

Toy Purge

The upcoming Christmas holiday can mean only one thing: toy purge.

For those of you playing along at home, I have a smidgen of OCD. If you doubt me, I give you exhibits A, B, and C to name a few.

My children do not have this character flaw.

To keep the debris field created by the two miniature tornadoes that reside inside my home within bearable limits, I do a toy purge twice a year.

As you can see, it was needed.

We made our way to IKEA to gather supplies.

The Mr. loves assembly work.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

May The Boy's talking ninja and The Girl's Dora kitchen forever rest in peace.


Aaaahhh. Much better.

Bevo gives his approval.

Thanks to The Mr., The Offspring now have proper bookshelves:


I took this picture about three seconds after placing the books upon the shelves. It is the first and last time they have looked so orderly.

Great. Another thing to drive me batty.

What to do with all those misfit toys? I take some to my classroom. The rest are donated to a local daycare.

I can now enjoy minimalist closets.

Until Santa arrives and derails my plan. Ho. Ho. Ho.