Saturday, May 30, 2009

What's For Dinner?

It's my first week of summer vacation.
The end of harried cooking sessions...
at least for a while.


This is what's making my mouth
water this week:


Sunday: grilled flank steak, German potato salad, fresh corn on the cob & green beans

Monday: shrimp with garlic and artichokes, whole wheat pasta, green peas, cherry tomatoes

Tuesday: spinach-chicken quesadillas, black beans, fresh tomato and avocado salad

Wednesday: Girl's Night Out

Thursday: left-overs

Friday: margherita pizza

Saturday: hamburgers, oven fries

I am going to bake a batch of those cookies Angry Chicken has posted right now. Although, I am going to change the name to Stick and Twig Cookies. My not-so-health-nut friends will appreciate the new moniker.

I found a site called Mixing Bowl Kids that has a lot of kid-friendly yet healthy meal ideas. They have suggestions for sack lunches, desserts, after-school snacks, and more. The food isn't the typical chicken nuggets and macaroni & cheese. It was the inspiration behind the spinach-chicken quesadillas.

I hope your summer is off to a tasty start...