Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pure, Unadulterated, Rubbish

I mentioned baking some Ooey-Gooey Brownies in last week's menu.

I did.

The Boy took them to share with his class on his birthday. He returned home with two empty pans and the swagger of a rock star.

This time it was the brownies, not the hair.

I promised to share...

To make Ooey-Gooey Brownies:

Buy a box of your favorite brownie mix. Bake according to package directions. Let cool.

Cover the cooled brownies with a layer of caramel sauce. I use the kind in a jar found with the ice cream toppings.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

That's it.

Ridiculously easy.

You can make these more difficult. You could bake your own brownies from scratch.

You can lessen the rubbish factor. I've made them using these brownies as a base. They are just as ooey and just as gooey but without the full blown junk-food factor.

Be a rock star in your house and bake a batch.