Monday, April 26, 2010

What's For Dinner?

I made things easy this week. Everything is tried and true. Carefree cooking is welcomed with open arms.

Sunday: picnic fare

Monday: sloppy joes, oven potatoes with rosemary, salad

Tuesday: grilled chicken thighs, grilled vegetable salad, fresh tomatoes

Wednesday: fish fillets, macaroni and cheese, peas, carrots

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: tacos, black beans, guacamole, tomatoes

I told you this was an easy week.

I scored some beautiful rhubarb at the store this weekend. And it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I was lucky and paid merely an arm.

I want to make a strawberry-rhubarb crisp or cobbler. Do you have a favorite recipe? Please share.

Sunday we had a Dad Rock Picnic. The Mr.'s band mates and their broods all got together for a big family picnic. We met up at the local skatepark that just happens to be about 30 seconds from our house.

Blankets were spread. Picnic fare was shared.

I brought a pasta-pesto salad, tomato salad, bread, and some chocolate muffins. There was also chicken salad, caprese salad, breads, cookies, and lots of fruit.

I don't think anyone left hungry.

Kites were flown. Time was spent on the swings. New babies were held (sigh).

The Boy brought his bike and spent his time riding around without his shirt. Mr. Cool.

The Girl pushed Teddy around in a stroller.

The guys asked me to snap a few pictures. They have a new CD that will be released soon and were in need of some updated band photos.

Annie Liebovitz I'm not, but I think I captured some shots that will work.

It was nice to hang out with friends who refuse to act their age.

Dad Rock Picnic, smashing success.