Monday, March 22, 2010

What's For Dinner?

With all the Color Week excitement I am late posting this week's menu.

Since it's the week after spring break, I purposely made things easy. Those first days back in full swing are doozies.

Sunday: sloppy joes, oven fries, sliced red pepper, tomatoes, and cucumber

Monday: shrimp, succotash, tomatoes

Tuesday: chicken pasole, whole wheat tortillas

Wednesday: The Mexican Skillet Dish, zucchini

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: out with the family

I made some of these over the weekend.

I am in the mood to make some oatmeal bars. I have a really good recipe that I'd love to share. If I throw caution to the wind you'll be the first to know.

I still have some "want to make" items on my baking list: Irish soda bread, a couple of new cookie recipes, scones, coffee cake. **sigh**

Darn you swimsuit season.

I might take a mini vacation from this space over the next few days. I have some things I really need to catch up on. Namely laundry. Boo.

We'll see. Procrastinating where laundry is concerned is one of my great talents.

Here's hoping your week is bright and that you avoid all ninjas.