Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What's For Dinner?

I know. It's Tuesday.

Better late than never, I say.

Some of this has been eaten, some has yet to be prepared, and some is probably going to be bumped to next week. That's how the dice are rolling these days.

Sunday: grilled chicken thighs with BBQ sauce, grilled vegetables and feta

Monday: tacos, black beans, pico de gallo, guacamole

Tuesday: roasted tomatoes with whole wheat pasta, sausage, basil, and feta

Wednesday: wild rice and chicken soup

Thursday: leftovers

Friday-Saturday: Austin will feed us well.

I was going to make potato and sausage soup on Sunday. I've had it scheduled for two weeks and it keeps getting bumped. I think I'm going to put it on hold for a while longer. Potato soup calls for a significant drop in the temps. We are still in the mid-80's.

Yeah. I'm not that good at brainwashing myself. Potato soup can wait.

Wednesday's soup can be found here. I've made it before and it is a favorite. It reminds me of my chicken & dumplings: I use chicken thighs, left whole and the broth is rich and creamy without being thick. They are like cousins. Similar, but shine on their own.

I made pumpkin muffins. They were lacking. Significantly. This week I've got a couple of new pumpkin treats I want to make. I'm hoping to get to at least one of them. Because you can never have too much pumpkin in your life. Am I right?

This weekend we will be making a quick trip to Austin. My boys are playing and we have tickets. **Oh yeah, uh-huh.**

I promised The Mr. I wouldn't paint my face or anything.

Time to make like a banana and split...

Laters!