Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's For Dinner?

This week's menu is inspired by spring. So I'm trying some new things that I've read about, seen in Blog Land, or have been craving from warm-seasons past.

Sunday: grilled chicken, grilled vegetable salad with feta, tomatoes

Monday: grilled salmon, brown rice, mushrooms, kale, tomatoes

Tuesday: Eggs In a Nest

Wednesday: Greek salad, grilled chicken, red potatoes

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: grilled salmon, quick lemon and garlic quinoa salad, grilled squash, tomatoes

My fridge is chock-full of beautiful, fresh produce: squash, zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, and greens. Lots of greens. The Boy gave me that "you have a stuffed vulture on your head" look again. He wasn't so sure about the chard and kale that I said would be part of our dinners.

Tuesday's meal comes from the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I began reading it last year and then put it down. It just wasn't grabbing me. I'd heard such great things but it wasn't living up to the hype. Call it spring fever, but lately I'm all goofy over gardening and vegetables. So I've picked it up again. And I think my feelings will be different this go around.

Saturday's quinoa salad was mentioned here...a new find that I'm really enjoying.

I did some baking this weekend...more on that in the days to come. But there are still a couple more items on the "want to make" list. I have a feeling this will be the week I'll succeed in marking them off that list.

Here's hoping you have warm, sunny days in your neck of the woods with tasty meals at hand.