Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crochet For Me

Finally, a project that isn't worn by newly born humans or a place to park a drink. Not that I haven't enjoyed working on those items. But I would hate to type-cast myself.

I have been wanting to make this for quite some time.

Does it look familiar? It should. THE Domestic Goddess herself made it famous.

The pattern was free at Hobby Lobby. And it was easy. Really easy.

Not only was it easy, but it worked up very fast.

Easy and fast: my kind of project.

The pattern called for an N size hook. My tension was a little tight, so it turned out a bit smaller than the picture shows.

I will confess to not being diligent about checking my gauge.

But I'm OK with the petite scale. It fits and I love it.

Wearing a soft, crocheted Snuggie-type garment was actually quite nice. I don't care what the fashion mavens say.

In fact, I'm already working on another one.