Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Meme


Stolen from Tammie who stole it from Daphne.

Which urban legend ghost scared the bejeesuz out of you when you were a kid?

The Ghost Children of San Antonio
.

Legend says that back in the late thirties-early forties a school bus full of children stalled on the railroad tracks just outside of San Antonio. The driver tried to restart the bus to no avail. Before the children could evacuate the bus it was hit by a train. They say that if you stop your car on the tracks and put it in neutral The Ghost Children will push you safely off the tracks. Their hand prints have even been left in the dust on the backs of cars.

Gives me chills.

Which horror movie has the best premise?

I don't know if it's the best premise, but The Exorcist scared the crap out of me for years. I think I was nine or ten years old the first time I saw the classic flick. The sound of Linda Blair breathing and the smoke that would rise from her body freaked * me * out. And then when the demon possessed the priest and he jumped out of that window...I was sleeping with a night light well into my teens.

What is the most disappointing “treat” to receive in your bag on Halloween night?

I am not a big candy eater. I am disappointed in just about everything except Twix and maybe some M&M's. If I am going to blow my chocolate candy wad that's what I'm choosing.

What’s the best non-candy item to receive?

Skull temporary tattoos. I'll admit to putting a few here and there this time of year. *wink*

Did a monster live in your closet when you were a child?

Not until
Linda Blair moved in.

Which supernatural creature sent chills up your spine when you were ten and still does?

There is nothing supernatural about these, but they scare me something awful all the same.

Looking up only to realize that someone is watching me through the window. At night, of course.

Or opening the shower curtain and a stranger standing there. Waiting.

Or waking up at night and someone standing over my bed.

Which supernatural creature makes you yawn?

If it couldn't really happen, then it's not all that scary to me. There are enough true-to-life freak shows out there to keep me leaving the lights on.

What’s your favorite Halloween decoration?

Fall colors are my favorite. My home's palette is a blend of orange, green, brown, yellow, and red. Whatever the season.

Gourds of all kinds are abstract and cool.

And the whole Senske brood is down with skulls. And not just for Halloween.

If you could be anywhere on Halloween night, where would you be?

At my home. On my street. With my peeps.

But the weather wouldn't be muggy and hot. It would be cool and crisp.

I really think my wish will be granted this year. Treat!

What’s the scariest book you have read so far this year?

I wouldn't call it scary, but it was extremely disturbing:
We Need to Talk About Kevin.

It messed me up. There is nothing uplifting about this book...at all. But I would still recommend it. It stayed with me long after I had finished the last page and called for introspection.

Haunted houses or haunted hayrides?

Haunted houses.

When I was a kid my parents and some of the other couples their age would put on a haunted house for the teenagers at our church. They went all out. I remember them planning for a whole year. It was held at this old summer camp out in the woods. They would blindfold the kids and drive them way out to the middle of nowhere. The teens would walk through this building where each room had a different horror to endure. I recall hearing talk of crying and pleas to go home. It was that scary.

I was really little but remember going with Mom and Dad and their friends to "decorate" for the big night. I was scared then...and I could see that it wasn't real.

In my opinion those were the best haunted houses to date.

Which Stephen King novel/movie would you least like to find yourself trapped in?

IT. The main character is a creepy clown that kills children. Need I say more?

Which is creepiest: evil dolls, evil pets, evil children?

I teach Kindergarten. Evil children win every single time.