Sunday, April 26, 2009

Retro Housewife or Survivor Contestant?


I was able to get in some sewing time on Friday evening. I was very tired and didn't want to begin anything too taxing. Something small and easy to complete. Instant gratification.

I turned to Weekend Sewing. Jane's Head Scarf looked simple and seemed to fit the instant gratification bill. It was. I was able to work this up very quickly. The instructions were easy to follow. The material required was minimal.

I had been saving this fat quarter for a project where it could take center stage.


It came together so well that I decided to crank out another one.


I love the way this looks on the model in the book. But of course, she has long flowing hair. I am missing the long flowing part. I can't decide if I like it on me or not. One minute I think it fits the whole retro-Earth-Mother look. The next minute I think I look like a contestant on Survivor.

No skinny jeans here!

The jury is still out.