Sunday, August 15, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Easy is key this week.

Twenty-four new little ones arrive at my door a week from Monday. Until then, I'll be making last minute preparations as well as languishing in daily meetings and trainings.

With ease in mind, we will be having:

Sunday: tacos, pico de gallo, guacamole

Monday: spaghetti, sautéed squash and zucchini

Tuesday: fish, macaroni & cheese, peas, carrots

Wednesday: southwestern cobb salad with flank steak

Thursday: stir fry, brown rice, spicy cabbage

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: BBQ chicken thighs, grilled vegetables with feta, tomato salad

I baked some blueberry muffins tonight. They taste really good, but didn't rise. At all. Probably because I chose the lazy route and didn't process the oats. I guess the batter was just too heavy. Oh well. Don't think they won't be gobbled up.

I said it last week...and now I'll repeat myself: Enjoy the remaining days of summer. Eat fresh vegetables (picked from your garden, if you are so lucky). Cook dinner on the grill. Indulge in an ice cream cone. Watch the sun set.

I'm already making plans for next summer...for reals.