Thursday, January 28, 2010

Almost Makes Me Want Another Baby...Almost

Almost, people...almost makes me want another baby.

Because it's just that cute.

I made this over Christmas break for a friend that's really more like family. She recently had her first baby. Since Mommy is so important to me, her little one deserved something special.

I knew I wanted to make her a sweater. But that was a venture I had yet to add to my repertoire.

I did a little searching and found this pattern. It didn't appear to be too difficult. I decided to give it a go.

I'm so glad I did.

Over the next couple of days I began to see the makings of the sweetest little baby sweater. It came together with few swear words...always my gauge of difficulty.

When the body had been completed it was time to add the buttons. Just look at those buttons! I opted for two that were different but had a similar hue. To me, those buttons make it. The sweater itself is simple, but they give it a modern edge.

I tend to be my own worst critic. But after finishing this project, I felt so...proud. I even held off mailing it until after Christmas so I could show Mema. I could tell she was impressed, which made me even happier with the outcome.

I can't wait to see that sweet little one all bundled in some sweater-goodness.

Because this sweater is cute, but not nearly as cute as this sweater being worn by a
lil' dumplin'.