Sunday, February 6, 2011

What's For Dinner?

On the menu this week...

Sunday: roasted vegetable lasagna, garlic bread

Monday: beef stew with cauliflower purée, spinach, roasted asparagus

Tuesday: tacos, black beans, guacamole, pico de gallo

Wednesday: chicken and dumplings

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: out

I am tiring of cold weather food. I miss my grill and the warmer temps that go with it. I shouldn't complain. Houston's weather is much more tolerable than most.

But still. I miss my tank tops and flip flops.

Seeing as how I'm bored silly with winter eats, I spent much of our cold weekend laying around, reading cookbooks, searching for inspiration.

That can be a dangerous quest...

So, I decided to bake bread. I made three large loaves that should get us through the week and then some. It's worth all the effort just to have that smell waft through my house.

I've been having toast every morning. Big slices of toast. I'm pretending that since it's homemade, the carbs aren't as bad as the store bought variety. I'm right, aren't I?

I cook big, ya'll. There will be plenty.

Stop by if you'd like.