Sunday, November 21, 2010

Around here...

I really didn't mean to disappear for a week...

Some weeks sneak up on you.

One of those weeks that seems to never end, yet the days blur together and before you know it...Friday has arrived.

The time change has done a number on me.

I find myself sitting on the couch in a vegetative state.

By the time The Offspring are in bed, it has been dark for four hours already.

That being said, I have been looking for holiday inspiration.

The Thanksgiving menu is set.

Groceries were bought today.

We have been home from HEB for all of four hours, and I've only discovered three things that were left off the list.

My intentions are to get the menu posted and the Thanksgiving Blog Hop up and running tomorrow.

Those are my
intentions. Life may or may not stand in my way.

I planned on posting Wednesday.

That was before I drank a whole bottle of wine.

I wasn't setting out to pretend that it was Friday on a Wednesday. It just sort of happened.

I poured a glass. It tasted so good. The tension left my body. Kindergarten angst disappeared like magic!

So I poured another. And then another.

Thursday morning was not pleasant.

You know you are old when it takes you two days to recover from a few glasses of wine.

Pathetic am I. No doubt.

The Offspring went to my parents' house on Friday.

The Mr.'s birthday is Monday. It was the best gift they could have given him.

I was lucky enough to benefit as well.

There was a whole lot of peace and quiet and very little clutter to pick up.

We made a visit to the art museum.

And ate a lot of good food that I did not cook.

We stopped by the neighborhood pub to watch basketball and drink cold beers.

My Longhorns won. Finally.

My Spurs are on fire.

Dallas lost.

You can't get much better than that.

I'm sorry if this picture offends.

My friend Chach sent it to me.

He is a fellow Spurs freak and Johnny Cash fan. He's also an incredible graphic designer and photographer.

I find it especially funny, because The Boy just asked what the middle finger means. He knows it's bad, but isn't sure why.

Luckily, he doesn't follow my blog.

Let me emphasize that we are not lazy, gluttonous lushes that make inappropriate hand gestures.

At least we aren't most of the time.

We just like to have fun when the kids are away.

How was your weekend?