Monday, May 3, 2010

What's For Dinner?

I'm cooking like it's summer. That grill of ours will be on call all week long.

Sunday: grilled salmon and shrimp, couscous with chard, grilled zucchini-asparagus-&-mushrooms with feta

Monday: grilled chicken, orzo, green beans, tomato salad

Tuesday: grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes, and apples, spinach

Wednesday: eggs, sausage, blueberry-almond-French toast bake

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: either spicy Thai or Mexican food with margaritas

I don't plan on baking this week. I've been very satisfied with a bowl of Greek yogurt, some almonds, and a drizzle of honey as an after-dinner treat. It's somewhat like ice cream, but lacks all guilt.

Speaking of ice cream, I've been thinking of getting an ice cream maker. I'd like to make the family a frozen treat where I have total ingredient control. Surely there is a way to make ice cream that won't sabotage all healthy eating efforts.

I'm also thinking that Wednesday's French toast bake can double as dessert later in the week.

What are you peeps noshing on this week? Are you craving full-out summer fare?

Salads are back on my brain. Any favorites? How about summer soups?

Please, do share.