Sunday, February 28, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Comfort food. That's what we want.

Sunday: leftover tacos and black beans

Monday: shrimp, pasta w/ spinach, tomatoes, olives, feta, and pesto, whole wheat bread

Tuesday: flank steak w/ blue cheese sauce, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, tomatoes

Wednesday: bacon, ranch, and chicken mac & cheese, spinach salad, whole wheat bread

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: hamburgers, oven fries

Saturday: out

We had friends over for dinner on Saturday. I made tacos, black beans,
pico de gallo, and guacamole. I'm loving the whole casual menu theme for company. Hamburgers, pizza, tacos...it's easy, fast, everyone likes it, and it sets a relaxed feel to the evening. Add some beers and background music and you are set.

We had enough leftover so I don't have to cook Sunday. Score.

Monday's meal is inspired by this. It's my current favorite pasta dish.

Tuesday's entire meal comes from the pages of this cookbook. I have her first and love it. I don't think this follow-up will disappoint.

Wednesday is a reschedule. You can find the link in last week's menu.

I never got around to baking last week. I have a coffee cake and some oatmeal cookies that are calling my name...I'm determined to get to one of them.

What's slated for supper at your house?