Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Promise Kept

Rarely do I break a promise. This past weekend was no exception.

I made:

Classic sloppy joes. The Boy has found a new favorite food.

A side of coleslaw. This is the best coleslaw, in my humble opinion. Sweet and tangy...with some bacon.

Banana oat muffins. It's a melding of many recipes. So I will take the liberty of calling it my own.

The muffins made The Mr. smile. Since I made the muffins that created the smile, I am taking credit for that as well.

The Offspring don't get too jazzed over banana oat muffins.

And lest you think I spent all weekend in the kitchen...


I was able to get reacquainted with my crochet hooks.

I made this wrist cuff. I actually made a version of it for The Mr. last month for our anniversary. He was my guinea pig. I wasn't pleased with the finished product, and after playing around with different size hooks and weights of yarn, this is what I came up with.

I'm much happier with it. It's actually quite simple. Just bands of single stitches with a final row of single crochet all around. I used a size 3.25 hook and mercerized cotton. A piece of black hair elastic sewn to one end and a button (skull, of course) completes the look.

I also have some baby booties and hats in the works....

So soft. And organic.

100% cotton. Nice neutral pallet.

So there you go. Not a lot of wow factor.

But wow factor wasn't part of the deal.